Historic Venue in the Heart of the City…Hycroft Manor
Hycroft Manor is nestled in the historic neighborhood of Shaughnessy minutes from the downtown core. Hycroft offers an unparalleled setting at which to host the most lovely Urban Vancouver wedding.
This 107 year old Edwardian Heritage building is a bastion of elegance in the center of the busy city. It has been the home of the University Women’s Club since they purchased the estate in 1962, and they have carefully restored and cared for it ever since.
Hycroft offers several unique ceremony & dining areas, and an incredible terrace that looks out upon the natural beauty of its gardens with a spectacular mountain backdrop. Beautifully furnished and maintained, the stately rooms of Hycroft provide the ultimate in luxury: grand iconic columns, classic moldings, gold chandeliers & a bright airy atrium. Whether hosting a small intimate ceremony or full wedding including: ceremony, cocktail hour and dinner for your guests, Hycroft will create a memorable experience for you and your guests with extraordinary hospitality and uncompromising service.
Ceremonies & Receptions
In addition to two indoor spaces, Hycroft has two gorgeous garden settings and a terrace with a mountain view to host your ceremony.
The Rose Garden: up to 130 seated
The Juliette Balcony: up to 80 seated
The Terrace: up to 130 seated
Dining in the Hycroft Drawing Room: up to 60
Dining in the Hycroft Ballroom: up to 130
Dining on the Hycroft Terrace: up to 130
New at Hycoft:
Catering must be exclusively be provided by their new in house Chef & Catering team. Exception is for Sunday event rentals may utilize an external catering company.
Benedict Haines is a British chef who began his career working for Chef de Cuisine Richard Brooks, the personal chef to the late Princess Diana. From there, he moved to the prestigious Wentworth Golf Club where he worked under Michelin starred Chef Ian McAndrews. He went on to become Head Chef at Tyddyn Llan, a multi-award-winning Country House Hotel in North Wales, achieving a coveted 2 Rosette status for the
hotel and restaurant.
Ceremony Rental- $3500 (sat/sun- 9am-1pm, sun-3pm-9pm)
Ceremony & Reception Rental- $6950 (fri/sat/sun 3pm-11pm)
Room Rental Fees Include:
- Round or rectangular tables
- 130 banquet chairs for indoor events- Gold frame with red seat cushion
- 130 white resin garden chairs for outdoor events
- Basic set-up of the tables and chairs
- 2 staff members who will act as House Liaisons for the duration of the event
- Vintage signing table & chair for ceremony
You can provide your own alcohol!! This aids in saving significantly in your overall reception budget.
It is the responsibility of the host to obtain a Special Event Permit through BC Liquor online, and present a copy to Hycroft management prior to the event. The host purchases and delivers the alcohol to Hycroft, and Hycroft staff will serve all alcoholic beverages. The bar must close by 10:30 pm. Liquor may be taken following the event conclusion, or stored at the premises no longer than 5 days following the event.
Hycroft will provide standard bar glasses, ice and a bartender for $5 per guest plus tax.
- Battery operated candles are permitted inside and outside. No wax candles or open flames are permitted anywhere.
- Pets are not permitted at Hycroft.
- Confetti, real flower petals on the ground, and sparklers are not permitted. Fabric petals may be used.
- The renter is responsible for the removal of all decorations, gifts, boxes, and containers at the conclusion of their rental.
- All guests and vehicles must leave the premises by 11 pm. Vendors will be allowed 1 hour to for setup prior to rental, and a 1/2 hour for move out following the event conclusion.