Alexa & Keith ~ Backyard Chic with DreamGroup Planner Jill Bryan
Photography by Shari + Mike
Getting ready is half the fun!
“It’s almost time!”
I do! I do! I do!
The bride’s story…
- Where did you meet? “We met on tinder. Our first date comes along with a pretty funny story too ;)”
- What was important to you when designing the plan for your wedding day? “It was important that our wedding was an expression of who we are as a couple. This meant incorporating elements like a popcorn champagne toast, seafood (both of our favs), dogs (a puppy too!), and sharing our own vows. It was also really important to us to support our go-to local vendors (Livia Bakery, the Wildbunch, Salt & Earth etc). And finally, i’m a creative human with a background in design, so having a uniquely beautiful wedding was important. I had a lot of fun creating a ‘scandi-fornia’ vibe of minimalism, warmth, and colour alongside our fantastic coordinator Jill and our other talented vendors.
- What was your favourite part of the day? Why? “It’s hard to choose just one! Sharing our vows was a really special moment for us. Also, nothing really compares to being seated around a table with your loved ones sharing amazing food (hello crab boil!) and stories in terms of memories. We also ended the night with backyard beer pong, which was very us and very hilarious.”
- What advice would you give to other brides planning a micro Covid rule wedding? “To know that in some ways celebrating small was a blessing for us. We were able to make our families more central to the celebration, which is what weddings are really about right? To us, our wedding just felt like a really great dinner party, not a production with speeches, schedules, and responsibilities—even though that’s fun too! It was pretty magical to focus solely on having a good time with each other and our families/friends and being at a table where you can see, hear and speak to everyone at the celebration was pretty magical. The intimacy, warmth, and joy of our wedding is something we’ll never forget!”
Photo magic time…
I love Cake…
Words that matter…
Dancing into the night…
The Vendor Team that brought this wedding to life:
- Photos: Shari + Mike Photographers
- Bride’s Bouquet: The Wild Bunch Flower Shop
- Floral: Celsia Floral
- Dress: Union Bridal
- Hair & Makeup: Denise Elliott Beauty Co.
- Cake: Livia Sweets
- Caterer: Salt & Earth Catering Co.
- Coordinator: DreamGroup Weddings + Events (Jill Bryan)
- Venue: private residence
Wedding Coordination by our Jill Bryan