Ask a Planner Hello Lover: On the hunt for the perfect Wedding Shoe!
Hi DreamGroup Planners…
Okay, so what’s the deal with shoes in Vancouver? I can’t for the life of me find a decent pair of wedding shoes in this city! Where do brides go? And don’t say online cause I don’t buy shoes or clothing online as I’ve been disappointed too many times. With thanks!
“Shoe Deprived” Bride
Hello Shoe Deprived…
This is a super common Vancouver (and Canadian) Wedding dilemma!! I wish I had $100.00 for every time a bride has asked this question over the past 17 years… I’d be rich and have the closet of shoes to show for it! Seriously though… it can feel like Vancouver is completely devoid of any really great shoe shops, but truth is you just need to know where to look and get a little creative! Also, don’t be afraid to shop online because with a little research there ARE some guaranteed fabulous options available online that won’t leave you with buyer’s remorse. And for some continued inspiration and ideas on where to shop be sure to follow Vancouver’s Bridal Headquarters Bridal Style Vancouver @bridalstylevancouver.
So, without further adieu we give you the ultimate wedding shoe shopping list… Happy browsing!
- Aminah Abdul Jallili – Seriously… these shoes make a statement without breaking the bank!
- The Bay Downtown – Accessible and a big range of prices… tried and true never goes out of style.
- Steve Madden – Madden for the modern bride.
- Lords Shoes & Apparel on South Granville – a local gem offering a limited, but super unique and thoughtful collection of bridal shoe options.
- Nordstrom– Obviously the go to if the budget is there. Even if you can’t afford them, go anyway just to get inspired!
- Aldo– So many fabulous styles from classic to surprisingly chic for the bride on a budget.
- Holt Renfrew – Needs no explanation. You know what to do.
- Browns – Not a huge bridal selection specifically, but for the modern bride looking for somethingas comfortable as it is chic it’s worth the look!
- Forever Soles – Based in Australia, but ships to Canada… Specializes in unique and comfortable bridal shoes for the modern bride!
- Gianvito Rossi – Sophisticated (and pricey) classy options with feathers and crystals and bows oh my!
- Turnabout Luxury Resale – As with any consignment store it can be hit or miss, but when you hit it’s truly a gift worth hunting for! And bonus… It’s your “something old” and they have likely already been broken in! Double win!
Wedding Planner signing off! Until next time… keep those questions coming in! Submit your questions by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org