To Postpone or to do it differently?!
What a year 2020 has been so far! Never could we have ever imagined that our lives, livelihoods, and all that we take for granted could be stopped in its tracks so quickly and on such a vast scale. One of life’s major occasions greatly affected by this pandemic is weddings! Both couples and vendors alike were hit hard and fast with some very difficult decisions to make and face. With a couple months behind us, new plans have been formulated and rules have been set. Now what?
Couples now face the decision of whether to postpone their weddings to 2021 in hopes of hosting the celebration as originally planned while others may decide to move forward with a 2020 wedding knowing that it will look and feel quite different from the original wedding they imagined. And for a few couples this will be the preferred way to go.
Our advice to all couples choosing Love over Covid is to do it with a sense of humour. You are making history after all and what a story you will have to tell your grandchildren! And we know where to get custom masks made! Now there’s a guest favor for the ages!
So what will this intimate celebration look like? Well, it will certainly be unlike any wedding celebration anyone could have ever imagined until now, but with the right frame of mind, the right protocols in place, the right vendors on board, in the right venue, there’s certainly a way to do it while still maintaining the romance and purpose of the occasion. It will just take a little creativity and flexibility on everyone’s part.
Check out The Original Bridal Swap, a local Flea Market style event that takes place in Vancouver each Spring.
Intimate weddings are nothing new to DreamGroup as we have been assisting couples with hosting smaller more intimate celebrations since day one. The difference now is in how we execute the occasion — from how the food is served, to how guests move about and mingle (or in this case stand in one spot). As long as the client hosting understands that things must be done differently they can confidently move forward and leave the rules to us.
DreamGroup Planners have the experience and connections to adapt and support those brave and adventurous couples choosing a celebration in 2020 over postponement. We are quickly making sense of the rules as they are being shared and will help make sure you are doing things the PC way!
Our Intimate Wedding Package offers flexibility without compromising the quality of its offerings. Just because everyone is potentially wearing a mask and standing 6 feet apart doesn’t mean the flowers can’t be the most fabulously beautiful flowers you have ever seen! And it certainly does not mean the food and drinks can’t be equally fabulous and delicious. It will just need to be presented in the safest way possible in keeping within government guidelines for the safety and comfort of everyone in attendance.
With this package your wedding will be thoughtful and elegant and you will come away happily married with only the most wonderful memories of a very unique time in our history that allowed you to make 2020 your wedding year!
Below we’ve outlined our Intimate ‘Covid Love’ Wedding Package for your consideration. Once we have our Zoom or phone consultation and learn more about what’s important to you we will customize a package just for you.
Covid Love Wedding Package for up to 30 guests: $3500.00-$4500.00 plus taxes **venue selected will determine your exact package price.
- Initial Zoom or Phone Consultation to discuss your wedding vision, answer questions, and create a customized package which will be emailed to you post chat. Free!
- 2-4 Hour Use of a local Wedding Venue with private ceremony, mingling & photo area included. We have confirmed several beautiful local venues (including but not limited to Hycroft Manor, Brock House Restaurant, The Wallace, & Stanley Park Pavilion) that have adapted their offerings to accommodate a micro wedding during this Covid time. Rental fees for these venues typically vary between $1000.00 and $2000.00 which will affect the package price as estimated above. All food and drink offerings if applicable will be charged separately and will fluctuate depending on number of guests and food and drink selections made. Offerings will also be subject to current government procedures in place. Catering options can be supported if food and beverage offerings are desired.
- Civil Marriage Officiant to perform the ceremony
- Photography – 2 Hours (one shooter, one location)
- Flowers: 1 Gorgeous Bride’s Bouquet & 1 Boutonnière provided by one of our favorite local florists. Send us a photo of your favorite bouquet for inspiration!
- Coordination Services – planning and coordination of all services secured within the package including day of management to oversee setup/teardown and manage festivities
Micro Wedding Add-Ons: **with adds-ons comes extra time on the planner’s part to organize and manage the additional services from initial inquiry to finalizing timing and logistics so the package price will increase by $75.00 for each additional service added.
- Ceremony Floral/Decor – 2 Large Floral Arrangements set on Pillars to mark the Ceremony Area…$600.00-$800.00
- Religious Celebrant…$500.00-$800.00
- Live Guitarist for 1.5 Hours…$275.00
- Mobile Hair & Makeup for the Bride…$300.00
- Additional Photography Hours or Shooters…$500.00/hour per shooter
- Videography with 2 Hours of Zoom Live Streaming – 2 cameras including an edited highlight film as a keepsake…$1200.00-$1600.00
- Favors (i.e. local honey, chocolates, etc.) – or how about a cute fabric mask?…$5-$20/person
- Wedding Cake – 1 or 2 Tier Buttercream Cake with fresh floral set on a pedestal…$100.00-$200.00
- Limo – $150.00/hour or each way as needed
Keep in mind: A marriage license will be required in order to be legally married in BC. This is easily obtained from several local suppliers and only costs $100.00. The client will need to obtain and pay for this independently.
To learn more give us a call or drop us a note and we’ll help you take the next steps. We can’t wait to connect and assist you in bringing together a beautiful and purposeful wedding cerebration for the ages. Chat soon!